On 29th November 2012, SilTerra was conferred an award by Malaysian Scientific Association (MSA) in recognition of SilTerra's outstanding contribution to Science & Technology.
Dr Kamarulzaman Mohamed Zin, CEO of SilTerra, received the award presented by the Deputy Minister of Science, Technology & Inovation (MOSTI), YB Datuk Haji Fadillah Bin Haji Yusoff, during the Malam Anugerah Sains & Teknologi 2012 at Kelab DiRaja Selangor, Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur .
The Persatuan Ahli-Ahli Sains Malaysia , Malaysian Scientific Association (MSA) is the premier science and technology organisation in Malaysia . The Association was established in 1955, dedicated to the promotion and advancement of Science and Technology (S&T) in Malaysia . MSA is recognised by the Malaysian Government Ministries charged with the development of S&T. Membership is opened to all qualified persons and scientists residing or working in Malaysia .
The Objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To promote the advancement of science and technology in Malaysia and disseminate scientific knowledge;
- To stimulate and encourage the understanding and study of scientific and technological and socio-economic problems, in particular those of national interest.
- To coordinate activities of professional scientific bodies, promote greater inter-disciplinary cooperation and encourage simultaneous development of the different scientific disciplines.
- To represent scientific opinion in Malaysia and act as an independent professional body.
- To maintain liaison with scientists internationally and to cooperate in international scientific programmes.
- To recognise outstanding contributions to the advancement of science.
Attached are pictures of the award that was presented.